Following the directives of the President of the Republic, Nicolás Maduro, and the Executive Vice President, Dr. Delcy Rodríguez, and in compliance with the instructions of G/D Carlos Carvallo, President of the National Casino Commission (CNC), within the framework of current legal regulations regarding Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing, the CNC held the 1st Congress on Risk Management in Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing, and Case Studies in the casino sector on Wednesday, September 20, 2023.
During this event, highly relevant topics were addressed, including:
- The Casino sector and its shared responsibility in complying with the recommendations of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
- The use of Virtual Assets in Casinos and Bingo Halls: an examination of risks and the application of mitigating measures.
- Risks related to Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing, and Financing of Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction (ML/TF/FPM) through the use of Cryptocurrencies in the Bingo and Casino sector.
- Study of Typologies for Mitigating ML/TF/FPM Risks in the Casino sector.
- Strategies for mitigating ML/TF/FPM risks at the national level.
- Results of the Sectoral Risk Assessment for ML/TF/FPM in the Casino sector.
The event took place at the CANTV Auditorium in the city of Caracas and was attended by the management team of the National Casino Commission, as well as Compliance Officers in the casino sector and members of the National Prevention Network.
18+ | Juegoseguro.es – Jugarbien.es