Entain, the global sports betting and gaming entertainment group, has published the financial results obtained between January 1 and March 31, 2021, in which it underlines a 33% growth in Online net gaming revenue.
When analyzing the excellent results obtained, Jette Nygaard-Andersen, CEO of Entain, highlights the hard work and dedication of the entire team to continue growing in regulated markets and says: “Although Covid creates some near-term uncertainty, by maintaining our focus on the customer, providing them with great products and services, we remain confident and excited in our long-term prospects."
Entain has highlighted the following aspects of the first quarter of 2021:
- Q1 2021 marks 21 consecutive quarters of double-digit online NGR growth for Entain
- BetMGM, the joint venture with MGM Resorts, increases its US market share. More specifically, it has 19% of the global market share where it operates. iGamming has a 23% market share and is ready to challenge for the # 2 position for Sports betting and iGaming.
- Completed acquisitions of Bet.pt in Portugal and Enlabs AB in the Baltics, supporting further progress of Entain's strategic expansion into new regulated markets.
- Continuous focus and progress under its Sustainability Charter
- Trials of ARC, testing of its advanced care and liability smart player protection system is currently underway.
- Launch of the Share Save plan for employee share ownership across the Group to enable the team to share in the future success of the Group.
- Further strengthening and diversification of the Board with the recent appointments of Stella David, Vicky Jarman and Mark Gregory
- Commitment to be Carbon NetZero by 2035 based on science-based targets; Carbon Trust Standard for Carbon emissions achieved in 2020
- Awarded ISO for Environmental Management and Occupational Health and Safety
On the other hand, retail was significantly affected by the Covid restrictions with almost all stores closed completely during the quarter. However, the company is optimistic about the recent reopenings in England and Wales.
See more details
18+ | Juegoseguro.es – Jugarbien.es