International Game Technology (IGT) announced that it has become the first United States provider in the gaming industry to receive Responsible Gaming Accreditation from the Global Gambling Guidance Group (G4) for its sports betting operations. In this way, it is certified in responsible gaming in its four product segments that include lottery, gaming, digital and betting.
Joe Asher, IGT President of Sports Betting, assures that the company's proactive approach to responsible gaming goes beyond what is required by current regulations, saying: "As sports betting continues its expansion across the U.S., IGT is actively demonstrating that it is now more important than ever to exercise strong responsible gaming support.We are honored to be the first industry supplier to achieve sports betting responsible gaming accreditation and we look forward to working with our customers to implement our best-in-class solutions for their players".
On the other hand, Pieter Remmers, Chairman of the G4 Board of Directors, highlights that IGT has responsible gaming as a top priority in all its vertical businesses. "G4 appreciates having IGT as an accredited member and glad to see the company continue leading the gaming industry with its responsible gaming initiatives," he added.
We must remember that G4 promotes a worldwide accreditation program for the remote and electronic betting industry and operators.
This certification ensures that IGT has a responsible gaming code of practice that includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Corporate practices that are born from a strong management commitment to responsible gaming;
- Practices and policies that support a responsible gaming framework;
- Player protection information;
- An advertising and marketing code of principles for responsible gaming;
- Employee training and support on responsible gaming policies;
- Player protection tools such a player-led time and money limits, self-exclusion and age verification; and
- Third-party research and its application for improving responsible gaming tools and approaches.
IGT received G4 responsible gaming certification for its gaming operations in 2017 and its digital solutions in 2019. Additionally, IGT's lottery and iLottery businesses are certified by the World Lottery Association (WLA) for WLA's Corporate Social Responsibility Standards and Responsible Gaming Framework for Suppliers.
18+ | Juegoseguro.es – Jugarbien.es