Las Vegas Sands Corporation announces a protocol that demonstrates its commitment to health and safety at The Venetian Resort-Casino in Las Vegas. The protocol's instructions will be applied at the time of the reopening, the date of which remains unconfirmed, although they expect it to be after May 31.
The protocol developed by the Venetian Clean Committee has considered all the news available on COVID-19 from official and prominent sources such as: Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Likewise, for a correct implementation of these guidelines, the Venetian Resort Las Vegas has decided to give all team members additional training on the safety and sanitation protocols of COVID-19.
On the other hand, the corporation reiterates that its employees will continue to receive their wages, while the workers of various associated restaurants will obtain emergency payments.
Below, we share the highlights of the health and safety protocol developed by the Las Vegas Sands Corporation:
- To minimize risk and enhance safety for visitors and Team Members, they use disinfectant products that have been pre-approved and certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use against emerging viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and blood-borne pathogens.
- The frequency of cleaning and disinfecting by dedicated staff has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on “high-touch” surfaces.
- Thermal cameras are in use at every resort entry point, allowing discreet and non-invasive temperature checks on all Team Members and guests.
- Sprayers (and eventually electrostatic sprayers) will be utilized to apply hospital-grade disinfectant on high-touch surfaces during off-peak hours including hotel lobbies, public spaces and many heart-of-house offices.
- Guests are welcome to wear personal face masks and gloves while visiting the resort, but masks that obscure the entire face are prohibited. Every guest will receive a Venetian Clean “personal care” amenity kit with hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, gloves and a personal face mask.
- A team of approximately 25 certified Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) will be available 24 hours a day. In case of suspected case of COVID-19 at the resort, the guest will be directed toward appropriate medical care through this staff.
- Guests and Team Members are required to practice physical distancing. Restaurant tables, slot machines and other physical layouts have been arranged to ensure that.
- In the event of a guest with a confirmed case of COVID-19, their guest suite will be removed from service to undergo a specific cleaning protocol by a licensed third-party expert. Similar recovery protocols address Team Member offices and work areas.
- Besides to what is described, in casinos it is planned to disinfect areas around the clock, including table game areas, slot machines, electronic kiosks, and chairs.
- The casino chips are disinfected at each table approximately every two hours, with additional sanitation procedures in place throughout the day. In addition, slot machines and chairs are arranged to allow for appropriate distancing, and table games have a maximum of three chairs per table, under current guidelines.
- Also, nearly 100 disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer stations are available in gaming areas.
Las Vegas Sands Corporation’s safety and health protocol (Complete)