The European Casino Association (ECA) has announced the election of new board members for the next three-year term and the appointment of Bettina Glatz-Kremsner as joint vice president.
The ECA has explained that never has the unified voice of the association been more important and relevant than it is today. In this regard, it highlights that support and assistance to members has been crucial to the effective response of the European casino industry.
The results of the voting carried out within the framework of the ECA General Assembly, held on June 28, 2021, are as follows:
• Chair: Per Jaldung (CEO, Casino Cosmopol - Sweden)
• Vice Chair: Pascal Camia (Executive Vice President of the Gaming Activity, Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer)
• Vice Chair: Bettina Glatz-Kremsner (General Director Casinos Austria AG and Austrian Lotteries)
• Treasurer: Thomas Schenk (Chief Compliance Officer, Deutscher Spielbankenverband e.V.)
• Board Member: Guido Berghmans (Managing Director, CASINO 2OOO - Luxembourg)
• Board Member: Laurent Lassiaz (CEO, JOA Group - France)
• Board Member: Marc Friedrich (Director, Swiss Casino Federation)
• Board Member: Erwin Van Lambaart (CEO, Holland Casino)
• Board Member: Domi De Wilde (Belgian Casino Association)
• Board Member: Tiina Siltanen (General Manager, Casino Helsinki)
We must emphasize that, for the first time, the board will have two vice-presidents. Thus, Bettina Glatz-Kremser doubles down on her former Board Member role by joining Pascal Camia to confidently steer the direction of the association.
On the other hand, Thomas Schenk has been re-elected as ECA Treasurer for an additional term and the ECA warmly welcomed three new Board members: Erwin van Lambaart, CEO Holland Casino; Domi De Wilde, Belgian Casino Association; and, Tiina Siltanen, General Manager, Helsinki Casino.
When referring to the new members of the board, the re-elected Chairman, Per Jaldung, highlighted “the experience and knowledge that every Board Member brings to their role is vital for the recovery of the land-based casino sector, and I am very grateful to Domi, Tiina and Erwin for committing their time and energy to the ECA ".
During the assembly, the following outstanding goals were also raised:
• fighting illegal and unlicensed gaming offers,
• promoting the Europe’s casinos and local tourism as well as local value creation,
• addressing diversity, environmental and climate issues in the sector,
• the integration of digital gaming offers within the portfolio of land-based operations,
• working closely with regulators and stakeholders to optimize the operational environment.
On her appointment, Bettina Glatz-Kremsner, thanked the trust and said: “I look forward to fulfilling my additional duties as Vice Chair during this exceptionally difficult period for the land-based casino sector as we meet and adapt to the challenges of sustainability, responsibility, safety and inclusion ".
The ECA shared the profiles of the new members, which we share below:
Erwin Van Lambaart joined Holland Casino as CEO on 7 March 2016. Erwin has substantial experience in the media, hospitality, event, marketing and entertainment sectors. After graduating from the Hotel School in The Hague, he worked for 15 years in the international hotel industry before transferring his skills to global live entertainment, where he worked for another 15 years. Erwin held a series of top executive and board positions at Accor, Avis, Joop van den Ende Theater Productions, Stage Entertainment International and Niehe Media in a career marked by a keen focus on hospitality and conceptual development. In 2016, he was awarded a Knighthood in the Order of Orange Nassau for his services to the live entertainment industry and his efforts on behalf of numerous charitable organizations.
Domi De Wilde is the CEO and MD of Casino Blankenberge and the Secretary of the Belgian Casino Association. A law graduate for the University of Ghent and a qualified chartered accountant, Domi joined the Rank Group from PWC to become Country Director overseeing the casinos of Blankenberge and Middelkerke. For over 20 years Mr. De Wilde has served as the Secretary of the Belgian Casino Association, representing the industry as spokesman at the national union negotiations, coordinating legal actions and AML issues and liaising with the Belgian Gaming Commission on compliance and regulatory matters.
Tiina Siltanen was appointed as the General Manager of Casino Helsinki in 2017 and is responsible for the operations of the casino, which welcomes 250,000 visitors per year. During the 20+ years in the land-based casino industry, Tiina has held several management positions in both Finland and overseas. She also played a key role in creating and developing Casino Cosmopol's poker scene during her six years in Sweden. Tiina is an alumni form the Executive Development Programme in UNLV Las Vegas and holds a BBA from business studies in Finland.
18+ | Juegoseguro.es – Jugarbien.es